Center for STEM Education
Center for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Education was established in Fall 2013 to promote and support quality STEM education in HPS.
The mission of the Center for STEM Education is to coordinate and/or contribute to the development, implementation, and management of STEM programs aligned with the mission of the Harmony Public Schools.
The major goals of the Center are
- Serve as a central point of contact and communication by offering a physical presence at HPS main office, a comprehensive website, and STEM outreach programs.
- Be the driving force for engaging HPS students, faculty, and parents in STEM initiatives.
- Encourage and facilitate expanded HPS interaction with educators, community organizations, policy makers, businesses, and families.
- Develop and provide support for STEM programs for HPS teachers.
- Create strategic partnerships among business, higher education entities, and local educational agencies including school districts and charter schools to support STEM education by enabling and supporting regional collaboration.
- Develop and provide support for extracurricular STEM programs within HPS.
- Seek external funds for STEM fields and administer and support programs developed with such funds.
- Inspire and support HPS students to pursue careers in STEM fields.