The mission of the Center for STEM Education is to coordinate and/or contribute to the development, implementation, and management of STEM programs aligned with the mission of the Harmony Public Schools.
The major goals of the Center are
- Serve as a central point of contact and communication by offering a physical presence at HPS main office, a comprehensive website, and STEM outreach programs.
- Be the driving force for engaging HPS students, faculty, and parents in STEM initiatives.
- Encourage and facilitate expanded HPS interaction with educators, community organizations, policy makers, businesses, and families.
- Develop and provide support for STEM programs for HPS teachers.
- Create strategic partnerships among business, higher education entities, and local educational agencies including school districts and charter schools to support STEM education by enabling and supporting regional collaboration.
- Develop and provide support for extracurricular STEM programs within HPS.
- Seek external funds for STEM fields and administer and support programs developed with such funds.
- Inspire and support HPS students to pursue careers in STEM fields.